Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home Sweet HOTEL and HOME

I hope by the time you read this that you are safe and relaxing.

We returned home from Baton Rouge at noon on Tuesday. We were able to get in with our Tier 2 pass from the hotel. It was nerve recking driving through to check on Grandma's house, our house and my parents. All were safe, but without electricity. We headed to the hotel who was working on back up generator. I worked for hours attempting to put the computers back on line. The hotel didnt have as much damage as expected: the Bistro was blown in from the UHaul building across the street was hollowed out and the siding is what hit our windows. Ike, Noah and I lived in the hotel for two days. It was a hoot...the boys helped inspect rooms, Noah made keys for the security people checking in. While Ike was at work at his business, Noah watched Backyardagans at the front desk for two days he was an angel. I was blessed to have Danielle and Sean at the hotel - they were my babysitter.

It has been a hoot, my girlfriend Mae has been living with us since she doesn't have power. Late nights, felt like we were back in college - it was a nice change a pace.

The hotel and our life is coming back to normal - as normal with a two year old as can be. My parents finally got power on Friday late night. Ike's has taken two days to finally clear all the leaves and trash in the front yard and to cut down the limbs. But I can honestly sigh with relief that we survived with success.

We love you all and cant wait to hear from you soon.

0 comments: