Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IN GOD'S HANDS AND TIME

So this morning was a train wreck, the hospital had me scheduled as OUTPATIENT SURGERY didnt even have me as labor and delivery. I got sad and emotional, but 45 minutes later I went up to L&D-the nurses themselves were sooo confused of what was going on today, why I was discharged last night, etc. It definitely didnt make me feel better.

Finally, I got my blood work taken. The nurse came in to give me an IV, I explained she is not going to get it in my left arm...did she listen? NO! After 20 minutes of her sticking me several times, she said "Im frustrated, it wont take. I will let someone else come do it" no one ever came!

Midmorning, Dr McClure (my dr), 3 nurses, 2 med students, 1 med teacher, and Dr Dola (the head labor and delivery dr for the hospital) entered the room. I made jokes where's that party, who brought the popcorn, etc. It was like they did an all call stating hey come to Ms Manuel's room to see the amnio. Poor Ike got blocked from my view because of how many people were around me.

The amnio was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It took 20 minutes for them to calm Skylar down to find a pocket to withdraw. The initial stick was easy, going through my skin was as painful as getting blood drawn, but when they entered the placenta the feeling was weird. I began to have a contraction. It was strange! 10 minutes later I was told to take a deep breath and they pulled out - that was the most painful - like a really bad/deep contraction!

Of course the main test results were tainted with blood, so the test was not accurate and false. The 2nd round showed up as intermediate - no one had an answer to what that means. After talking to the head resident, they decided not to do the csection and let her lungs mature a few more days. So now we wait....and wait...and wait...

I know its in God's hands and time. I just hate the waiting and too many decision makers. My doctor is soo ready to do the csection, but is getting trumped by the other dr. Oh well, we are waiting for the test results (hopefully by tomorrow afternoon).

Please keep the prayers coming for her safety in my belly!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so thinking about you, Lauren! Stay strong, and Friday will be here before you know it with that beautiful little baby girl ready to say Hello, World!