Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I AM SOO BLESSED...

Now that the instant emotions and excitement have decreased in order for me to speak, I felt I needed to say thanks!

There are soo many things God has blessed me with in my (almost) 30 years of age:a great education, studying abroad, best friends, delta gamma sisters forever, parents that are more like friends, a husband that is forever my King, a son that is the apple of my eye...and now a daughter to share the same moments as my mom and I did. I am still in shock to know that there is a little girl growing inside of me.

Some of you might not know or understand why Ike cried when we were told. At the age of 3 years old, Ike's mother, Joan Marie Johnston Manuel, died. He only has a few memories of her and 2 photos that survived Katrina, but she is definitely still loved by the family. When the due date was announced, we were shocked at the thought of it being a day before her actual birthday. Then when a girl was announced, a true miracle of Joanie back on earth was the thought. Amazing! Absolutely amazing! Now what will bring me to my knees (again in praise) will be if she pops out with red hair!!!

So I thank the Lord for sending us our Skylar MacKenzie Joan Manuel (PS...my mom's name is Joan too!) for I know already she has Ike wrapped around her finger, her big brother in check, and won her momma's heart!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren - I saw your beautiful news on FB but this story gave me chills and very happy smiles! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl! XOXO If there is anything at all I can do for you and Ike, you know Matt and I are here for you!